Adventure Tracker is a simple application designed to use minimal battery allowing you to send location updates to the tracker server without running your phone battery flat.
I was looking for a way to allow my friends and family to follow my position whilst I was running an ultra-marathon, there are plenty of GPS trackers however none are optimised to run for 24hrs or more without needing to add power to your iPhone. Adventure tracker fill this hole, updating your position every 10 minutes Adventure tracker has a barely noticable drain on your iPhone battery. It runs in the background too so there is no disruption from a call or if you want to change your iPod music.
The site and the application is currently in beta mode, the basics of tracking is currently functional but I have not had the time to complete the other features which will be updated in the coming month. I welcome all feedback and suggestions if there is a way you would like to improve Adventure Tracker for your sport or even a general feature request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Track Your Position in 2 easy steps:
Press the Start Tracking button, if you have a previous tracking session you will be asked if you would like to resume your previous session from your last location or start a new session
Use the Email Location button to send a link of your trail to yourself or people who you would like to follow you.
- Updated Adventure tracker website with improved layout and track view.
- Download tracks as Google KML files, export to MapMyTracks and other tracking applications.
- Twitter integration, broadcast your position using your twitter account.
- Login to the Adventure tracker website using Google login.
- Ability manage your tracks by logging into Adventure tracker site.
- Embed your trails into your own website.